All professional basketball players must keep their health and condition with a good diet, in order to survive in the face of competition at the highest level. It is also better for you to do the diet, especially for you who actively playing basketball. A good diet is very important, because a balanced diet can provide three advantages, such as: Improving the quality of life, optimizing post-exercise recovery period, as well as increasing energy levels and your performance on the field.
It should be underlined, that when doing a diet, you should never reduce the portion of the calories in the extreme way. This is not the safe way, because less calories can reduce the body’s metabolism and lowered your body strength that could affect your performance on the field.
Here are some tips on nutrition style of NBA players, which you can follow:
1. The professional athletes will always maximize their energy levels with a well-balanced diet. The trick is to apply the habit of eating every 3 hours, to maintain energy levels and also increases the recovery period after exercise / play.
2. You should always eat foods containing carbohydrates with the best quality to optimize the body’s energy because carbohydrates are the main source of muscle formation. Examples of these foods are the potatoes, wheat, nuts, oatmeal and fresh fruit.
3. Eat foods that contain good quality of protein such as grilled meats, fish, seafood, and eggs. Protein is an important and effective in the recovery process in muscle injury.
4. Avoid fatty foods and junk foods, because it can inhibit the formation of energy in the body. Also can make you fat.
5. Avoid lack of fluid in the body by drinking a lot of water to avoid dehydration, muscle cramps and fatigue. Fill the body with water before, during and after the match.
Implementing a healthy diet is something that can be done by anyone, without having to be an athlete. Therefore, healthy is a lifestyle’s choice that can ideally we all live. And now, that’s all up to you.
Guide to find the best basketball shoes
5 Best Outdoor Men’s Basketball Shoes